Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Raisin Cookies
“This is my basic oatmeal, chocolate chip and raisin cookie recipe. It is simple and easy to follow.” - Clara
YIELD: 24 cookies
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
BAKING TIME: 10 to 15 minutes
1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
1/3 cup (75 mL) brown sugar
1/3 cup (75 mL) white sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup (150 mL) all-purpose flour
1 cup (250 mL) oatmeal flakes
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125mL) raisins
1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
1. Combine butter and sugars together in mixer until smooth.
2. Add egg and vanilla and blend thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Mix dry into wet. Blend lightly and then add raisins, chocolate chips or chunks. Don’t overmix.
5. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Roll into balls and place onto parchment paper. Then flatten with large fork. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and then place on rack to cool.
1. I often use a combination of all-purpose and whole grain flour for this cookie.