How to Reheat Cold Pierogi
“When you want to Reheat Cold Pierogi you have a number of options. Theresa recently started warming up pierogi by reboiling them in water. My preference is still frying in coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. I like them golden brown and crispy. When I want a quick meal; I use the microwave. Please use which ever method suits you best.” - Clara
PREP TIME: 2 to 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 50 to 60 minutes*
APPLIANCE: Cast Iron Frying Pan*
1. Casserole dish with butter or vegan spread: Take pierogi from fridge and place in casserole dish with butter or vegan spread and place in pre-warmed oven. Warm for 10 to 15 minutes. Toss pierogi intermittently and serve.
2. Cast iron frying pan and organic coconut oil/ extra virgin olive oil for frying: Remove pierogi from fridge. Warm a cast iron frying pan and add 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) extra virgin olive oil. Place pierogi in frying pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Place on paper towel to absorb any grease and serve.
3. Stainless steel pot, water, spider basket and 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of olive oil: Remove pierogi from fridge. Take a small/medium sized pot and boil water with 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of olive oil. When the water has come to a boil, using a spider basket slowly add pierogi to water and let boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Microwave for 50 to 60 seconds.
* "At my age a traditional cast iron frying pan has become too heavy for me to lift. The one pictured above came from William and Sanoma. It works wonderfully well and is very light and easy to clean. I have had it for years now and am very happy with the purchase." - Clara