“A small baguette can make about 4 cups of garlic croutons. You can add them to soup or salads. My mother likes to snack on them.” - Theresa
YIELD: 4 cups
PREP TIME: 5 to 10 minutes
BAKING TIME: 25 to 30 minutes
For Organic Red Chili Flake Garlic Olive Oil:
1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
4- 6 crushed cloves of garlic (use garlic press) or 1 small head of Roasted Garlic*
1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) organic red chili flakes
Pinch of pink salt (optional)
Bread: 1 small baguette
1. To make Organic Red Chili Flake Garlic Olive Oil: Take a small 4 ounce (125 mL) jar or container and place oil, crushed garlic and chili flakes in a container. Add a pinch of salt, if needed. Mix and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Take one small baguette and cut in half. Then cut once again length wise.
3. Brush garlic oil mixture liberally on baguette and cut or dice into small pieces. Place in metal
bowl and toss with remaining oil.
4. Place diced bread in baking dish and bake at 375 ̊F (190 ̊C), for 25 to 30 minute until golden brown.
1. Organic Red Chili Flake Garlic Olive Oil is excellent aded to soups, stews and pasta dishes.
* If you want to use Roasted Garlic in this recipe: Take the first four ingredients and blend in a food processor. Add additional oil, as needed. Place in a glass jar and refrigerate until needed. Next, continue to Steps 3 and 4 to complete Garlic Crouton recipe.