Ground Beef, Pork or Turkey Filling
“This is a traditional filling I have produced for many years. This was always a family favourite. My great niece Erika likes ground turkey versus ground beef or pork. My simple recipe for Mustard Sauce compliments this meat pierogi dish very well. ”- Clara
YIELD: 20 to 30 Pierogi
PREP TIME: 30 to 40 minutes*
For the filling:
1/2 pound (225 g) of lean ground meat (beef, pork, turkey or chicken)
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon (5 mL) dry thyme or 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh thyme
1 tablespoon (15 mL) parsley, chopped
1. To make filling: Mix meat with salt, pepper, thyme and parsley. Place in refrigerator until needed.
2. Prepare Basic Pierogi Dough.
3. Take the prepared filling and add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of water and form into small balls.
4. Place meat filling in the centre of the dough and follow the illustrated guide on “How to Assemble Meat Pierogi."
1. To have a tastier filling, mix both beef and pork together.
* Prep time includes approximate time for making the filling and assembling pierogi.