Chocolate Chip Cookies
“This is my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is simple and easy to follow. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.” - Clara
YIELD: 24 cookies
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
BAKING TIME: 10 to 15 minutes
1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
1/3 cup (75 mL) white sugar
1/3 cup (75 mL) brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla
1 egg (beat egg separately)
1 3/4 cups (425 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) sea salt
1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips, or chunks
1. Combine butter and sugars together in mixer until smooth.
2. Add vanilla, eggs and blend thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Mix dry into wet. Blend lightly and then add chocolate chips or chunks.
5. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Roll into balls and place onto parchment paper. Then flatten with large fork.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and then place on rack to cool.
1. I often use a combination of all-purpose and whole grain flour for this cookie.
2. You can also use a spoon and make drop cookies from this cookie dough.